YIELDS:4PREP TIME:0 HOURS 10 MINSCOOK TIME:0 HOURS 20 MINSTOTAL TIME:0 HOURS 30 MINSINGREDIENTS1 lb.
clove garlic, minced1
jalapeño, minced1 tsp.
Freshly ground black pepper5 tbsp.
vegetable oil, divided8
small flour tortillas1 1/2 c.
shredded cheddar1 1/2 c.
shredded Monterey Jack1 1/2 c.
shredded lettuce1 c.
pico de gallo1/2 c.
sour cream, for drizzling DIRECTIONS
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, garlic, jalapeño, and chili powder and season with salt and pepper. Mix until just combined, then shape mixture into 4 thin patties.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon of oil. Cook patties to your desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium. Transfer to a plate and wipe skillet clean.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add a flour tortilla and top with a small handful each of cheeses and lettuce.
- Place a cooked burger on top, then top with more cheese, and cup pico de gallo and a drizzle of sour cream. Top with a tortilla and cook until golden, about 2 minutes.
- Flip quesadilla and cook 2 minutes more. Repeat with remaining ingredients to make 4 quesadilla burgers.